Tralee the capital of Kerry has an abundance of all weather attractions making it an ideal destination for your holiday in the Southwest of Ireland on the wild atlantic way
An abundance of activities to choose from whilst enjoying breathtaking scenery.Recently voted by Trip advisor for four of the top ten beaches in Ireland
Beaches - seven blue flag beaches
Surfing - www.waterworld.ie
Cycling bike hire available locally
Our main Visitor Attractions - not to be missed!
- Blennerville Windmill Ireland's only working windmill houses a museum, coffee shop, craft center and interactive displays.
- The Jeanie Johnston A full-size replica of a 19th century emigrant ship has been built here in Blennerville by shipwrights and young people from all over the world. The ship crossed the Atlantic in 2003 and toured the US and Canadian ports along the East coast. The Jeanie Johnston returned to Ireland in October 2003 and tours the island of Ireland during 2004. Keep up with Jeanie's progress at this site.
- The Aquadome Provides a splashingly good time for all the family. Ireland's largest indoor water park, with wave machines and waterslides, also health centre, jacuzzi and coffee shop. Outside, try the mini golf.
- Geraldine Medieval Experience A fascinating look at medieval Tralee, featuring an interactive historical experience in the "time car". Also in the building is an extensive museum of ancient celtic artefacts and a souvenir and coffee shop.
- Siamsa Tire Tralee's folk theatre where you can experience traditional Irish music and dance.
- Fenit Seaworld The pirates of old welcome landlubbers of all ages to Seaworld, just North of Tralee. Here you can make friends with fishes in the touch pools, and see the many exhibits of local marine life.
- Crag Cave, Castleisland These caves were discovered by Welsh potholders during the early 90's and each year more of their beauty has been revealed to the public. There is a visitor centre with coffee bar and souvenir shop, an ideal family day out.
- The Rose of Tralee The official website for our own annual Festival, with free concerts and the Rose Selection which is televised and web-cast world-wide. To be held during the third week of August. Why not join us for the festivities this year? Sandy beaches to relax on, rivers full of fish just waiting to be caught, golf courses, mountain trails to explore........just a sample of the many reasons to holiday here in the Tralee Bay area.When shopping for general gifts and Irish souvenirs to take home with you, visit Focus of Castle St, in Tralee's main shopping area. It's open late nights 7 days a week.
Irish Tourist Guides and Directories
General Guides to Kerry
- Cork & Kerry Tourism The official Cork/Kerry tourism site with plenty of links to all areas of our counties, accommodation, excursions, history etc.
- In Kerry Extensive site with shopping mall, Kerry weather, live audio local radio, county maps, chat room etc.
- Kerry Gems You can order a free copy of the Kerry visitor guide book from this site.
- Welcome to County Kerry A comprehensive listing of all the towns in Kerry with links to the facilities of each one.
- Discover Kerry Click on Tralee in the drop-down menu and visit a selection of our attractions, pubs, shops and restaurants. Order a free Holiday Tralee brochure.
- Killarney National Park 20 minutes drive from Tralee, visit Killarney's beautiful National Park. The site contains a photo gallery, information about the flora and fauna, and education services.
- The Dingle Peninsula Stretching back West of Tralee lies the Dingle peninsula, with breathtaking scenery, excellent restaurants and pubs where you can hear traditional Irish music played in an impromptu session. This site will show you around the Peninsula.
- Irish Tourist Board Ireland's official visitor website, all types of information about Ireland, create your own personal brochure, view streamed video footage of Ireland.
- Doras Tinet Directory 18 categories to search through for Irish information, including music, history, politics, sport.
- Local IrelandA local heart with a global beat A portal site developed by Nua. National and regional news updated daily, weather, sections on genealogy, arts and culture, sport and leisure, tourism and travel.
- Browse Ireland Current Irish news headlines, free competitions, 16 searchable categories, including genealogy, Irish folklore and kid's stuff.
- Heritage of Ireland A well designed site featuring interactive maps of Irish attractions of historical interest, parks and gardens, inland waterways and artistic and cultural exhibitions, with full details, pictures and prices.
- Go Ireland Searchable site with interactive map and holiday planner. Visit a selection of local pubs and restaurants through the directory.
- Free resources from Ireland Irish screensavers, Celtic clipart and fonts, Coats of Arms, Irish history reports. Sports & Recreation in West Kerry
- Tralee Golf ClubA full description of all the holes on this scenic course, including the 19th.
- Killarney Online's Golf SectionLists the North Kerry golf courses, details of holes, green fee prices.
- Global Golf's South West sectionGolfing holiday site, showing all the courses in Kerry, with descriptions.
- Fishing in North KerryExcellent site giving details of all types of fishing, maps, prices etc.
- El-Rancho Riding StablesThese riding stables are nearby, enjoy pony trekking, or go for a gallop along the waters-edge (see picture on right)
Read Irish news or listen to Irish Radio
- RTE - Radio Telefis Eireann - Ireland's national radio - news channel plus streamed broadcasts of Radio 1 and 2FM.
- Live Ireland Streamed live audio from Irish music concerts, live video and webcams from events around Ireland.
- Ardfert Cathedral5 miles from Tralee, Ardfert village has an ancient Cathedral which is being restored at present. Banna beach, with miles of sand and surfing waves is nearby.
- Irish History on the WebA comprehensive guide to Irish history, ancient and modern, the site is in existence since 1995, and includes an online historical bookshop.
Other Useful Links
- Ireland Car RentalsBook your hire car when you make your reservation at the Courtyard Irish Holiday Cottages. Automatic or manual transmission cars.
- Shannon DevelopmentThis Government body has a comprehensive tourism section for this region. The Courtyard Cottages have benefitted from Shannon Development's aid and support.
- Visit Ireland's Pubs of Distinction. You will enjoy taking the southwest pub trail through Cork, Kerry and Limerick!
- Dingle DevelopmentsExclusive development of 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and retail units for sale in Dingle town, County Kerry.
Recommended Links for quality accommodation in Europe & rest of the world.
- Holiday apartments to rent on the Costa del Sol2 apartments side by side, each with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on 2 floors. Ocean view balconies overlooking the pool, golf course and landscaped gardens of the Hotel Artola. Beach 5 minutes walk, all amenities close by. 20 minutes from Malaga airport. Ideal for families or groups of golfers.
- La Manga Club Villas, townhouses and apartments are available for rental at this luxury holiday resort in Southern Spain. The resort has 3 golf courses, tennis and squash, gymnasium, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, bars and restaurants as well as its own Casino.
- Vancouver accommodation and guideBed and breakfast, self catering rentals in Vancouver, Canada. Also downtown Vancouver flats, tourism information.
- Madrid HotelsOnline booking of Hotels and apartments in the Spanish capital of Madrid.
- Barcelona HotelsOnline booking of Hotes and apartments in Barcelona, Costa Blanca.